Thursday, October 26, 2006

Started a new, very challenging job on Tuesday and my feet have not touched the ground since. I have also lost the benefit of having a company gym two floors below me. My new employer does have a subsidised gym membership scheme, but predictably its full right now.
Which means I am about to sign up to a very expensive unsubsidised membership at the Holmes Places down the road.
At £107 per month, I fully expect somebody to do the working out for me! But I guess it will be worth it in the long run.
The trek team has now raised about £30,000 for the expedition through a mixture of corporate sponsorship and some donations from some seriously generous people.
Getting kitted out on Monday with all my Arctic gear, and I can't wait.
Tried to go for a run yesterday, but discovered it was cold outdoors...

No comments: