Friday, September 29, 2006

So another weekend approaches fast. Weekends are always tricky because the company gym is so far away. I do go running, but it is SO boring. And there is always some marathon freak that passes you like you were standing still.
Anyway, I am officially one belt notch thinner than I was two weeks ago and now that I can measure the progress, the motivation is coming back. For anyone starting on any sort of fitness regime I would say that the first 10 days are always going to be hard because there are few signs that all the sweat is making any difference. But trust me, it is.
A special thanks to the reader that emailed me to say that having read this blog, she was now actively considering running the London marathon next year. Her basic line of argument was that if chunky old me could trek across the Arctic, even she could run 26 miles. I am not sure if I should be flattered or offended. Maybe I am over doing it on the self-depreciation!
I will post an update on Monday, but wanted to leave you with this. Anyone offended by ripe language should keep well away, but everyone else, especially those that have had a run in with BT in the past should check it out!
And if anyone has suggestions on how to make a salad more interesting then leave your suggestions here. Ditto those with receipes for tasty salad dressing.
Have a great weekend guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Capers darling. Tiny little things but full of flavour. Get a jar of them and throw a few over your salad. I guarantee it'll taste a hundred times better. As for dressings - healthy: red wine vinegar, lemon juice, water, fresh dill, seasoning. Not so healthy: red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, seasoning...