Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Training Day 4:
Weight: 107.7kg (17 stone)
Total weight loss: 1.6kg (3.5lb)


So back to work at the Sunday Telegraph this morning after a fairly boozy weekend. I made sure I only drank champage last night (see previous post) and went for the healthy pudding option at this really nice little restaurant in Soho called Andrew Edmunds. Here is the link http://www.london-eating.co.uk/171.htm Its shabby and French and the food tastes great.
But I still can't quite bring myself to ask for slimline tonic with my gin. It just seems, well, wrong on so many levels.

So despite falling off the wagon somewhat over the weekend, I have lost 1.6kg in the last week. This can only be seen as an encouraging start. But I am not going to believe its more than a blip (shurely a blimp? Ed.) until the next weigh-in.

Herr Barbie downstairs in the gym is Very Enthusiastic and tells me I am doing A Good Job before going back to her protein shake and rivita. Usual combination of running, cycling and X-training machine in the gym today as per Barbie's instructions.

Friday night saw a meeting of the whole group going on this expedition. I was at work, and couldn't make it. But I gather that the expedition needs a name. Any suggests gratefully received. There will be a great prize for the winning entry (subject to secret conditions and eligibility).

Oh, and we also need a corporate sponsor!

Thought for the day: What is the point of mangos? They may taste like cake mix, but have you ever tried cutting one?

1 comment:

steve said...

so ... The bloody hell it's cold trip ... ooo i should've worn me thermals walk ... brass monkeys galavant